Boating Weekends Are Coming to an End for Many Families
The new marine grade carpet has arrived and after one more weekend on the lake with friends and family you will deliver the boat into the shop to get it ready for the next season. Boating is a great activity, but it comes with quite a bit of maintenance. From the engine itself to the marine grade carpet, it is important to make sure that you put in the work that is required to maintain the value of your investment.
Fortunately, many of the latest technologies make it so you can more easily maintain the look of your boat. From snap in boat carpet pieces that can be easily changed out when a stain or a tear occurs to stain and mold resistant upholstery for the seats, there are a number of ways to make sure that you are able to keep you boat looking great.
Boat Maintenance Is an Important Part of Maintaining the Value of Your Investment
The latest upholstery and marine carpet for boats provide a way for owners to make sure that these materials last longer and avoid mildew. Using the latest technologies, scientists and fiber specialists have creating moisture wicking textiles that avoid absorption. The fact that boating surfaces would get wet and remain wet for so long, of course, has lead to mold and mildew problems in the past. By upgrading these materials in your boat, however, you can make sure that your days on the lake are more pleasant.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the boating industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- 33% of the Americans who fish today are women, according to a report released by the Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation and the Outdoor Foundation.
- 95% of the boats on the water in the U.S. are 26 feet or less, according to the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA).
- 10% of the purchase price is the average annual expense of boat use and maintenance.
- As many as 95% of all Americans live within an hour long drive of a navigable body of water.
- Snap-in boat carpet and glue down boat carpet are the two main categories of marine carpet.
- Checking the oil, checking the battery, draining cooling system and hoses, topping off fuel tank, checking belts, and checking safety equipment, including the anchor, floatation devices, radio, and fire extinguisher are the six basic steps to de-winterizing a boat.
As many Americans are planning for Labor Day weekend and the chance to spend one more long weekend out on the water, there are also many boat owners who are already making plans to upgrade and improve the upholstery and carpeting in their vessels. From marine grade carpet to the latest upholstery options, there are a number of ways to make sure that your boat is ready for next season.